Merchandising Summer 2012 Internship
Sunday, April 1st, 2012 - 11:16 PM
By Christopher Lugo
The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is seeking one (1) Merchandising intern for the 2012 summer season.
Gain hands-on experience working closely with the merchandising manager while focusing on driving the corps' summer souvenir sales and operations. Ideal for those seeking experience in sales, retail management and merchandising.
Must truly be a self starter.
- Work independently and in team environments to accomplish assigned tasks and projects
- Work with organization's marketing, communications and media producers to increase product sales
- Manage simultaneous project tasks and deadlines
- Coordinate and assist with product photo shoots and post-shoot editing
- Assist in the development of product promotions
- Assist in the management of product inventory
- Prepare sales reports and projections
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and organization needs
- Bachelor's or master's degree (or degree in progress) in business, retail management, merchandising, or a related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop a plus
- A strong interest in online fashion retail, and have an eye for trends
- Proficiency in basic office software
- Not rattled by crazy deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- A sense of Humor
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
LOCATION and SCHEDULE
The Cavaliers' Summer Internship positions are unpaid, with housing and food provided to those traveling with the corps. Interns are eligible to receive college credit, depending on their institution's policy.
Fill out the application and e-mail it, along with your resume, cover letter, references, transcripts and applicable materials (writing sample, portfolio, video reel, etc.), to Chris Lugo at ChrisLugo@cavaliers.org.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Intern applicants may be subject to a phone interview as part of the final selection process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for an internship without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity.
Cavaliers 2012 Internship Program Overview
About The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps
Founded in 1948, The Cavaliers are one of the most successful drum and bugle corps in history, winning 20 national championships, including seven Drum Corps International world championships since 1992. Each summer, 150 male brass, percussion and color guard performers aged 16-22 present a marching music show considered among the most challenging and original in the world.
The group performs at more than 30 competitions across the US and for more than 100,000 fans. Along the way, the young men not only learn about music and performing, but have a life-changing experience based on excellence, teamwork and camaraderie.
The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization sponsored by The Village of Rosemont, Illinois.