Cavaliers 2013 Press Kit
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 - 10:22 AM
By Christopher Lugo
About The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps
Founded in 1948, The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is one of the most successful drum and bugle corps in history, winning 20 national championships, including seven Drum Corps International (DCI) world championships since 1992. Each summer, 150 male brass, percussion and color guard performers aged 16-22 present a marching music show considered among the most challenging and original in the world.
The group performs at more than 30 competitions across the US and for more than 100,000 fans. Along the way, the young men not only learn about music and performing, but have a life-changing experience based on excellence, teamwork and camaraderie.
The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization sponsored by The Village of Rosemont, Illinois.
The mission of The Cavaliers is to provide the members with life changing experiences, educationally and socially, which help each individual member gain real-world life skills, musical training and performance experiences.
The Cavaliers develop life-long leaders through the performing arts and inspire fans around the world.
- The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization sponsored by The Village of Rosemont, Illinois.
- The Cavaliers were founded by Scoutmaster Don Warren in 1948 as Boy Scout Troop 111 Drum & Bugle Corps in Chicago, Ill.
- The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps is a World Class competing organization and charter member of Drum Corps International.
- The Cavaliers have won 20 national championships, including seven Drum Corps International (DCI) world championships in 1992, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2006.
- In 2013, The Cavaliers celebrate their 65th anniversary season.
- In 2013, members of The Cavaliers hail from six countries, including the United States of America, Canada, Germany, Japan, The Netherlands, and Taiwan).
- In 2013, The Cavaliers present their program 'Secret Society' featuring Rose of Arimathea by Hans Zimmer, Air by Hans Zimmer, Drum Music (Mvt III: Incinerate) by John Mackey, Secret Society by Drew Shanefield, and Enterprising Young Men by Michael Giacchino
- The Cavaliers are also affectionately known as the "Green Machine."
2013 TOUR SCHEDULE
2013 STAFF LISTINGS
PERFORMANCE SEGMENT VIDEO (2011)